Friday, July 27, 2007

He is our Provider

Me & my Husband @ de wedding


I got married in dec 2007, I met my husband (Mike) since I came to perth in 1999, 2 months after I arrived, my husband proposed me to be his girlfriend, (quick move hey) and at that moment, we became in relationship.
And after 7 years in relationship, we decided to go to the next level, which is marriage.

I had 6 month to prepared all the wedding stuff, its quiet hard, because, at that time, im in Indonesia, and my husband still worked in Perth. But then, Thank God, everything’s went very well, I was really enjoyed the party! (thx 2 my nyonkies friend who made my day)

Both me and my husband aren’t come from a rich family, his father is a pastor, and my parents are a business people, (my parents might be rich, but not me, at least for now, but someday, I’m going to be rich!, knowing that my God is a very rich God! hehehe) after I graduated from university, I was no longer supported by my parents, I had to work to get money.

When we got married, we decided to pay all the wedding expenses by ourself, because we won’t give too much pressure for our parents. (Is it hard to pay ALL the wedding expenses by ourself? YES IT IS!) But the only thing we can do is surrender to Him, knowing that He is our provider. We stepped out in faith.

During the preparation, many things happened; we started to worry about the financial thing. Our budget is over the limit. And we just thought, “How can we got the money to pay all of this and that?”

One day, I was sitting down at the shop (I worked with my mom at that time), suddenly my husband called me from Perth.
He told me, that there’s a grandma in our church here in Perth, suddenly came and saw him and asked this question:

Grandma: hi Michael, I just heard u want to get married soon, is that rite?

Michael: Yeap thats rite

Grandma: so what do you want for your present?

Michael: oo don’t worry grandma, u don’t need to give anything for me, just come to our
Wedding and that’s enough for me

(Grandma just grabbed something from her pocket, and gave something to mike, and it was an ANGPAO, our first angpao!)

My husband took a look at it, and WOWW, it’s a huge money! (believe me!)

Mike told me, “I think we need to gave that angpao to God” what do you think? (He asked me).
I replied: “OK beib, if God wants us to gave the money to Him, so be it! Give it ALL to Him!”

(We hang up the phone), after few minutes, he called me again…

Mike: buny, I just heard that Pak Philips want to go for a mission, (he is a missionary)
And I think God told me to gave him some money

Me: err…are you sure that a Gods voice beib? Because we, ourselves, need a lot of
Money for our wedding.

Mike: yeah im preety sure

Me: okay, if there’s a peace in your heart by giving him money, so be it! Give it to him

Mike: ok thanks beib.

After that conversation, I didn’t think anything at all, just lived my life as usual, prepared for wedding stuff day by day.

I started to feel God blessings slowly, I think 3 or 4 times, Suddenly My dad, out of nowhere, gave me money, I didn’t asked, he just gave me, it happened 3 or 4 times.
And my uncle also, suddenly, out of nowhere, asked me whether I need money for anything or not? I said I’m okay. But he still gave me money (a lot of money actually)
And after I totaled everything’s, Gods returned the money 2x(double) from what I gave to Him

I often heard testimonial like that before, but that’s the first time I, myself, experienced Gods love for me…amazing!

By God’s Grace, our wedding party and ceremony was held in Nikko hotel Jakarta, on 17 Dec 2006. it was awesome, even though its not 100% perfect, but I loved the moment, the chemistry, n the important thing, I was really enjoyed!

Msg: God is our provider, as long as we work hard, pray to Him, and surrender, everything’s going to be okay! Under His control.

ciaoo



0 people say: