Saturday, July 28, 2007

My Business is God's Business


I grew up in a very business minded type of family, my parents are business people, even though they started from zero, they used to be a “tukang jual2 makanan di pinggir jalan” but their hard worked, result their successful now. My sisters, each of them also has their own business.

For me, one of my dreams is to have my own business, whatever it is, and wherever it is. I don’t like being an employee (working for someone), therefore, I know it’s very important for us to be an employee first, before you own your own business.
And I did! After I finished my uni here in Perth, I went back for gut to Indonesia, and straight away got a job in one of advertising company, I worked there only a few months, but that’s enough for me, I really don’t like being an employee!

After I got married, I came back to Perth, my husband continue to work, while I had nothing to do, I can’t worked because my visa still in a tourist visa. I was really bored that time. But one day, my mom in law, asked me to help her, (she cooks for people every Monday, wed, and Friday, so it’s like a catering.) And I helped her.

It was hard to live in Australia if we only earn a single income, so me and my husband, everyday we prayed together, so that God will open the way for us, (especially in financial area).

Amazingly, one day, someone in our church offered us a business, thats not required a big money, but we can start as soon as possible. Wow, I felt that God started show His way for us, but before we answered a “yes”, we really2 prayed about it every night. If that’s really God purpose for us to have that business, then so be it, “let Your will be done in my Life, and not my will”

After one months of “pergumulan”, finally we said “yes”. (The progress of the paper work and everything went very well and smoothly)
On 1st July 2007, we officially took over the business. Like a dream come true, I was so happy, I never imagine, that I got my own business here in Australia. I am so lucky! God is so good to me, you know how hard it is to get a business in Australia? its hard! but we can get it easily, thats because God's help us.

Then I said to God “God, this is your Business, this is Your shop, You’re the boss, we’re only your steward/ manager, Do whatever you want to do with this shop”

And you know what happen at the shop?..... :D

To be continued...









3 people say:

AbigaiL said...

Wow! God's work is always amazing!

Anonymous said...

yes He is! :D

gbsakrs said...

Hi, I'm Stacie from the U.S that was an awsome testimony....It really encouraged me.