Thursday, November 29, 2007

spiritual food

Today's Verse
Do everything without complaining or arguing, so that you may become blameless and pure, children of God without fault in a crooked and depraved generation, in which you shine like stars in the universe.
Philippians 2:14-1

Thought...
"Don't complain or argue!" We don't normally associate these things with purity and blamelessness. Paul was extraordinarily close to the Philippians and knew them well. He knew their weaknesses and shortcomings. He also knew the destructive power that complaining and arguing have on the life of an otherwise vibrant community of Christians. Let's heed his warning today, as we see church after church taken under by the negative and cynical spirit that pervades modern culture.

Prayer...
Forgive me and cleanse me, O God, from my argumentative spirit. Please empower me with your Spirit to use my speech only to bless and to build up, never to tear down or discourage. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

0 people say: